- 4-1-1 How To Get To Google Sheets
- 4-1-2 Create Your Sheet
- 4-2-1. Getting Your Sheet Together
- 4-2-2 How To Move Columns In Google Sheets
- 4-2-3 How to Format Your Headers In Google Sheets
- 4-2-4 Enter Your First Transaction in Google Sheets
- 4-3-1 How To Add Drop Down Lists In Google Sheets
- 4-3-2 Creating Your Categories List
- 4-3-3 Creating Your Service Item List
- 4-3-4 Creating Your Names List
- 4-5-1 Sorting Your Data
- 4-5-2 Filtering and Subtotaling Your Data
- 4-4-1 Entering Your Data
- 4-4-2 Invoices & A/R, Bills & A/P
- 4-5-3 Copying the Data to Create A Report
- 4-5-4 Creating Pivot Table Reports
- 4-5-5 Sharing and Collaborating
Ideas can come from anywhere. The idea for Bootstrapping for Bookkeeping came from a conversation I had on Facebook with a blogger I am friendly with. She reached out to me and asked for suggestions for how she might keep track of her income and expenses from her blogging activities. She admitted the activities were minimal so it really did not warrant going to the expense or trouble of learning accounting software, but she needed a way to do something more than just dump her receipts in a shoe box and turn that into an accountant at the end of the year.
I immediately suggested that Google Sheets was perfect because it’s free, easy to access (in the cloud) and she could set up a simple spreadsheet to keep track of her income and expenses without having to go to too much trouble or learn new software.
Next I thought, while I am at it, might as well make it a full fledged course on Google sheets – especially as I encounter more and more accountants, bookkeepers and business owners who don’t really have a command of much more than the basics of even MS Excel.
Google Sheets will become more and more prevalent as time goes on – I think every accountant, bookkeeper, and business owner should at least get a command of what’s covered in this course so that you can use Google Sheets to compile, review, and analyze data for your business or your clients.
I hope you get a ton out of this course. I’m confident you will!